Recipe: Green Eggs and Ham Paleo Style
Don’t let the color scare you away! There’s nothing childish about this Paleo Diet® twist on an old favorite. Deviled eggs are the perfect grab- and-go snack to have on hand for between meal nutrition. Make them ahead of time and store in the fridge for up to two days. Kids from one to one hundred will love this delicious, fun treat!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6 1x
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
- 12 large eggs (hardboiled)
- 2 avocados
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ jalapeño pepper, stems and seeds removed, minced
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon ground, black pepper
- ¼ cup chicharrones, no salt, preservatives or additives
- Hard boil the eggs and place in refrigerator to cool.
- Peel eggs and cut in half the long way.
- Remove yolks and place in mixing bowl.
- Set aside egg white halves on serving dish.
- Slice avocados in half, remove pits and remove insides from skins.
- Combine with egg yolks and mash until well blended.
- Add cilantro lime juice, garlic, jalapeño, cayenne, and pepper.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Fill each egg half with yolk and avocado mixture.
- Top with crushed chicharrones.
Keywords: paleo, recipe, keto, deviled eggs, avocado