Whether you’re new to The Paleo Diet or a long-time follower, this printable Paleo Diet food list of approved foods will make grocery shopping easier!
Reviewed carefully by our Chief Science Officer and 30-year Paleo veteran, Mark J. Smith, Ph.D., our Official Paleo Diet Grocery List shows only those foods that meet our stringent, science-based criteria for Paleolithic eating, based on decades of research and the latest food science from The Paleo Diet founded by Dr. Loren Cordain™.
Our Paleo grocery checklist is grouped by grocery department for your convenience:
- Fruits & Vegetables: Includes our suggested staple produce to maximize versatility and nutritious meals.
- Fruits: Includes a link to our online, sortable table of fruits and their sugar content (save it on your phone).
- Meats & Seafood: We offer detailed guidance on cuts of meat, plus specific fish and seafood.
- Nuts & Seeds, Oils & Vinegars, Spices & Other Flavorings: Kick your meals up a notch with these flavorful, Paleo foods.
- Packaged Foods: We list some packaged foods that are often widely available without added sodium, sugar, preservatives, and other additives.
- PaleoFLEX Picks: The Paleo Diet is flexible so it’s sustainable. We offer space for your flexible treats and open meals.
This Paleo food shopping list is well-paired with our free 7-Day Paleo Meal Plan which shares a week of healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes. And if you’re new to The Paleo Diet, consider our free guide, How to Go Paleo, which is a simple plan that makes The Paleo Diet easy to try.
To get this free digital download, add it to your shopping cart and complete an order. After completing checkout, your personal download link will display (and will be emailed to you). Your personal download link will be available to you for 7 days after you complete your order, so please download your file promptly.
Questions? Just ask! Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help. We respond within two business days, usually sooner.