Trail into the season where fresh walnuts abound, stocks of dry seaweed lay in waiting, and a healthy fat source boosts cold weather exercise blended into a paleo-friendly seaweed trail mix.
- 1 cup wakame seaweed, dehydrated
- 1 cup freshly shelled walnuts (or 1 cup of walnuts, soaked for 8 hours, rinsed, and dehydrated. (This reduces the tannin content and greatly improves digestibility and flavor).
- 1-3 tsp of turmeric powder, to taste
- 1-3 tsp each of garlic powder and onion powder, to taste
- 1 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
2. On very low heat in a cast iron skillet, heat the wakame seaweed in the coconut oil.
3. Once the wakame is crispy to the bite (15 minutes or so), sprinkle the wakame with the walnuts and spice mixture.
5. Add more spices as needed, let cool, and enjoy a handful or two on the go!
Live Well, Live Longer.
The Paleo Team