Paleo jerk chicken adds a punch of fragrant and fiery spices for added kick to your menu.
- 1-1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried thyme (** or 1/2 teaspoon ajwain seeds)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp bright red paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
2. In a small bowl, mix together the spices. Set aside.
3. Cut each chicken thigh into 1-inch segments and place into a separate bowl.
4. Add the spice mix along with 1 Tbsp of the oil to the chicken. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes.
5. Heat the remaining oil in a wok or large, nonstick frying pan over very high heat. When the oil is very hot, add the chicken.
7. Place chicken pieces into a baking dish, and cover loosely with lightly oiled wax paper (which should sit inside the dish and directly on top of the chicken pieces) and bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
8. Enjoy while hot or remove from hot baking dish to maintain moisture for eating later.
Live Well, Live Longer.
The Paleo Team