Poached Eggs with Peach Salsa is a tasty breakfast for a take-it-easy morning. Make the salsa ahead of time and your only prep time becomes the time it takes to cook the eggs.
- 2 omega-3 enriched eggs
- Flaxseed oil
- 2 T. peach salsa (see recipe below)
1. Bring 1/2 inch of water to boil in a saucepan.
2. Rub a little flaxseed oil in the egg wells of an egg poacher (available at most kitchen and cooking specialty stores)
3. Crack eggs into the egg wells and reduce heat to a slow boil
4. Place the poacher in the saucepan and cover
6. Remove egg poacher from pan with a hot glove and free the eggs with a flexible rubber spatula
7. Gently transfer the eggs to a plate and smother with peach salsa
- 1 c. peeled and finely chopped peaches
- 1/4 c. chopped red onions
- 1/4 chopped yellow or green peppers
- 1 T. lime juice
- 2 tsp. fresh cilantro
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, stir everything together. Cover and chill for up to 6 hours. Makes 2 cups.
Live Well, Live Longer.
The Paleo Team