Garlic Shrimp with Paleo Risotto
When we think of shrimp at The Paleo Diet®, versatility and convenience come to mind. This amazing crustacean is fast and easy to prepare, comes in small, medium, and large sizes, and can be used in a variety of dishes. This combination of shrimp and veggies is stunningly simple and will go from fridge to table in about half an hour.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- Category: Seafood
- Cuisine: Italian
For the Risotto:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 4 ½ cups fresh cauliflower “rice”
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
For the Cream Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup raw pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
For the Shrimp:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 – 1 ½ lbs. uncooked raw, wild medium-sized shrimp, peeled and divined
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it is transparent, about 3-4 minutes. Add the cauliflower and broth and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally, until soft, about 8 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- To make the sauce, use a large blender to combine 2 cups cooked cauliflower with vegetable broth, pine nuts, arrowroot, and lemon juice. Blend on high until smooth.
- Add spinach leaves to the remaining cauliflower rice and cook on medium heat, until spinach has wilted. Pour sauce evenly over cauliflower and spinach. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To cook the shrimp, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add shrimp, paprika, and chili flakes to the pan and gently mix until shrimp are evenly coated with the spices.
- Cook the shrimp for two minutes. Turn shrimp and cook for another two minutes. Shrimp are done when they are no longer opaque. Remove shrimp from pan and place on serving dish.
- Pour remaining juices over the spinach and cauliflower rice risotto.
- Serve Immediately.
Keywords: Paleo Shrimp recipe, Spinach Lemon Cauliflower Risotto, Paleo Risotto