If you’ve been craving some international flavor in your dining adventures, look no further than this amazing dish. The cooking aromas alone will have you planning your next trip to Marrakesh! We don’t think we could pack more nutritional benefits into one dish with its spices and endless bounty of veggies. Our Paleo warriors like to serve this one up as an all-in-one meal in a bowl. Simple and Delicious!
- 2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 1 cup each of the following… broccoli florets, Shiitake mushrooms, sweet potatoes, and rainbow carrots. Carrots and sweet potatoes should be peeled and sliced into 1-inch chunks.
- ¼ cup diced baby vidalia,
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt-free lemongrass paste
- 2-3 cups no–sodium vegetable stock
- 1 13 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower rice for serving
- green onion for garnish (optional)
In a heavy bottom pot, on medium high heat, add coconut oil. Then add sweet potato, carrots, and broccoli florets and seer until browned but not cooked all the way through. Add onions and garlic, and a little more coconut oil if desired. Mix in red curry paste, curry powder, turmeric, bay leaves, and lemongrass paste. Sauté about 5 minutes. Add enough veggie stock that veggies are almost covered but not fully submerged. Bring to a boil, then turn down heat to simmer.
Let simmer until sweet potato is cooked through but not mushy. Shake coconut milk before opening. Pour over veggie mixture and stir gently until well blended. Continue to simmer for 1 minute. Serve over cauliflower rice and garnish with green onions.