The sweet aroma of stewing meat, mixed with the freshest ingredients, will have your mouth watering for more. Go ahead and indulge. This recipe is Paleo-perfect for warming up on a crisp fall day or a cold winter night.Print
Recipe: Beef Stew with Vegetables
The sweet aroma of stewing meat, mixed with the freshest ingredients, will have your mouth watering for more. Go ahead and indulge. This recipe is Paleo-perfect for warming up on a crisp fall day or a cold winter night.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds chuck steak, cut into cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces 4 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1–4 eggs
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a cast iron skillet over medium flame.
- Add meat to skillet and brown evenly on all sides, for approximately twelve minutes.
- Remove from skillet.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, onion, and garlic to pan. Sauté for five minutes.
- Toss in carrots, celery, and squash and sauté for five additional minutes.
- Return beef to skillet.
- Pour in broth.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low.
- Add bay leaf, rosemary, and oregano.
- Cover and simmer for thirty minutes.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- If your looking for a little more protein, pan frying an egg (over easy) and putting it on top is a great addition!
This recipe was taken from The Paleo Diet Cookbook, you can buy it here!
Keywords: paleo, keto, beef stew, recipe, fall, vegetables