Organ meats are packed with protein and unique flavors. Make them a regular part of your Paleo Diet to achieve maximum health and vitality for quality living. How did I come to discover this gem of a dish? Working waiting tables to help put myself through college. This liver and onions recipe details my favorite way to prepare high iron meat.
- 1 lb organic, grass-fed beef liver
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup organic Merlot wine
- Freshly cracked pepper
2. In a large frying pan, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil on low heat.
3. When onions are tender, add liver, placing about ½ of the onion garlic mixture over meat pieces.
5. Continue to sauté on low for 15 minutes, turning meat once during cooking.
6. Season with freshly cracked pepper to taste.
All the best,
Lorrie Cordain, M.Ed., Co-Author of The Paleo Diet Cookbook