Advertisement
Limited

Paleo Challenges During the Holidays

Paleo Challenges

The season of celebration, gift-giving, and tradition is upon us. Along with all of the fun and festivities, the dieter is faced with the Paleo challenges of maintaining a healthy lifestyle while sorting through the endless sea of desserts, sweets, and holiday treats offered on a daily basis. Whether you have been eating Paleo for years, or just a beginner, this can be a tough time to keep healthy eating a priority. However, it is possible to get through the season, enjoy the special times, and stay committed to your Paleo lifestyle.

The key to success is a well thought out plan that works for you. Think about your family, friends, and work traditions and the foods that are sure to be a part of them. It can be helpful to make a mental or physical list of the food challenges you know will be facing you. We all have family members and friends who make the same dishes year after year. Who can resist Grandma’s homemade fudge, or Uncle Henry’s lasagna?

The key for surviving the holiday unhealthy food fest is to make sure that there will be plenty of nutritious Paleo foods right along with the unhealthy dishes. Be sure your kitchen is well stocked with fresh fruit, veggies, and lean meats and fish throughout the next few weeks. Maintain close to 100% Paleo for the times when you won’t be faced with unhealthy foods. Before heading out the door to the dietary challenges awaiting you at the family gathering, have a healthy Paleo snack to keep from feeling too hungry when you come face-to-face with the offending foods.

For some, making their friends and family aware of their Paleo lifestyle can be beneficial as most people who care about you will make an attempt to include some healthier dishes for the occasion. Often we are asked to bring a dish to contribute to the celebration. This is your opportunity to share your delicious Paleo recipes with others. Who knows, you may even inspire a loved one to adopt the Paleo way of living!

Realistically, there will be times when it is next to impossible to escape a not-so-Paleo meal served to you during the holidays. There may even be certain traditions you value and want to keep as you celebrate the season. Remember the 85-15 Rule for those who don’t want to maintain a strict Paleo Diet at all times. If you eat what your body was designed to eat 85% or more of the time, indulging in an occasional treat for the remaining 15% or less, you will still reap many of the health rewards of The Paleo Diet.

Pick and choose carefully and you will sail through the holidays with your vitality and well being firmly in place. Remember, it’s not what you do on the rare occasion, it’s what you do consistently that makes the difference in your overall health.

The Paleo Diet Team wishes you a very happy and healthy holiday season!

Join Now!
×

10 Comments on "Paleo Challenges During the Holidays"

Trackback | Comments RSS Feed

  1. The AIs for linoleic and α-linolenic acid have been set based on U.S.
    median intake levels simply because there had
    been insufficient experimental data to set an RDA (Ref.

  2. Because usually junk food contains lots of unhealthy fats, which can do lots of harm to your health.
    Just about all types of free diet applications are simply in the internet.
    The purpose here is to reduce the fat intake as much as
    possible.

    Here is my blog post διαιτολογος

  3. I’m not sure why but this web site is loading
    very slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is
    it a issue on my end? I’ll check back later and see if the problem
    still exists.

    my homepage … legal testosterone pills

  4. This is more effective than simply matching the first candies you see.
    Whats – App- It’s an instant messaging app, which has become a necessity
    of not just the teenagers, but smartphone users of every age group.

    Adding a few of these is good but if you want 3 stars try to get
    them all.

  5. This is really fascinating, You’re a very skilled
    blogger. I have joined your rss feed and sit up for in the hunt for extra of your excellent post.
    Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks

    Take a look at my website; stop slaughtering dolphins with sonar

  6. Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide
    credit and sources back to your blog? My blog site is in the very same niche as yours and my users would
    really benefit from some of the information you present here.
    Please let me know if this ok with you. Thanks!

  7. I simply could not leave your web site prior to suggesting that I really loved the standard info
    an individual supply to your guests? Is gonna be back continuously in order to check out new posts

Post a Comment

3-steps



We guarantee 100% privacy.
Your information will not be shared.