Anyone lucky enough to live in Colorado, looks forward to the harvest of Western Slope peaches every summer. Perfect growing conditions harmonize to produce the unique sweetness and juiciness of this all-time favorite. At The Paleo Diet®, we’ve found the perfect pairing of grilled shrimp and peaches for a main course sure to please even the pickiest eater at your dinner table!
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup avocado oil, plus 1/4 cup for grilling*
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, stems removed, rough chop
- 20 leaves fresh basil, stems removed, reserve half for garnish
- 1 bunch cilantro, stems removed, rough chop
- 1/2 bunch mint, stems removed, torn, reserve for garnish
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 5 firm but ripe peaches, pits removed, quartered
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
*Extra virgin olive oil may be used in place of avocado oil.
Note: You will need a grilling basket for cooking the shrimp.
Heat grill to medium high. In medium bowl combine lemon juice, 1 cup avocado oil (or olive oil,) parsley, basil, cilantro, mint, red onion, garlic and red pepper flakes. Place ½ of mixture in separate bowl and set aside.
Place shrimp in a third bowl and pour half of mixture over shrimp, let marinate for 30 minutes.
Brush peach quarters with remaining ¼ cup avocado oil. Place peaches on grill and cook until grill marks appear on both sides. Do not overcook. Remove shrimp from marinade and place in grilling basket. Place shrimp on the grill and cook until done, turning once.
Arrange shrimp and peaches on platter and top with reserved herb mixture.