Happy Thanksgiving from Dr. Cordain and The Paleo Diet Team! Pair your turkey with these mouthwatering Paleo recipes your family and friends will talk about long after the Thanksgiving Day leftovers have been gobbled up!
- 4 fresh peeled mandarin oranges, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 head organic iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 whole green onions, chopped
- 1 11oz can mandarin oranges, drained
1. Mix all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Combine all dressing ingredients and toss with salad before serving.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- Dash of pepper
Paleo Turkey Stuffing
- 2-3 fresh celery stalks, diced
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 large peeled orange, wedged
- 1 large sweet apple, cubed
- 2 large carrots diced
- 1 can organic, salt-free chicken broth
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp sage
- 2 tbsp rosemary
- 2 tbsp basil
- 2 tbsp thyme
1. Mix all ingredients in large bowl and stuff densely into cavity of 12-15 lb. turkey.
2. Roast turkey at 350° for 2.5 -3 hours, covered.
4. Slice and enjoy!
- 1 quart organic baby spinach leaves
- 4 green salad onions, sliced ¼ inch
- 2 organic tomatoes, wedged ½ inch
- 2 fresh avocados, cubed
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced thin
- 2 whole organic tomatoes, pureed in blender
- 2 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp crushed black pepper
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup vinegar
1. Mix all salad ingredients except hard boiled egg in a large bowl.
2. Combine all dressing ingredients in blender and puree.
4. Place hard boiled egg slices on top of salad.
Live Well, Live Longer.
The Paleo Team