For a special occasion, chocolate covered walnuts are the decadent Paleo Diet treat you’ve been craving!
- One 3.5 oz. bar raw dark chocolate (at least 85%, 99% if possible)
- 20 raw, sprouted walnut halves, organic if possible
- 12 large organic fresh strawberries
1. Place chocolate in double boiler pot on top of lower pot filled with water.
2. Bring water to simmer and stir chocolate with wooden spoon until melted.
3. Remove pot with chocolate from heat.
4. Using fork, dip one berry at a time into the chocolate and place on wax paper or silpat to cool.
5. Using same method, dip one walnut half at a time then place on wax paper to cool.
6. Dust with nutmeg, cinnamon or cayenne if desired.
7. Keep in tightly sealed plastic container for up to one week
Nell Stephenson is a competitive Ironman athlete, personal trainer, and a health and nutrition consultant. She has an exercise science degree from the University of Southern California, a health/fitness instructor certification from the American College of Sports Medicine, and over a decade in the health, fitness and nutrition industry. To support her training for the Ironman Triathlon, Nell has tried many different nutritional plans and has found that the Paleo Diet is superior to all other ways of eating. She’s found that she’s leaner, faster, and fitter than ever before and uses her own experience to teach clients how to achieve optimal nutrition and health. You can visit her website at paleoista.com