The Paleo Diet is not anything new. It has been around for centuries. At its core, The Paleo Diet takes food back to its roots, sometimes literally. Whole foods, lean protein, organic and non-GMO foods are the basis of a paleo diet.
Going Paleo is a choice that will positively affect your entire life. By eliminating excess sugars, added preservatives, and processed foods, your diet is filled with nutrient- and mineral-rich sustenance.
But with all the research available on print and online, there are still many questions that sceptics of The Paleo Diet have. Here is a list of some of the most frequently asked questions and answers to help you understand The Paleo Diet.
1. Eaton, S. B., L. Cordain and S. Lindeberg. Evolutionary Health Promotion: A Consideration of Common Counterarguments. Preventive Medicine. 2001. 34: 119-23.
2. Pinheiro, M. M., T. Wilson. Dietary Fat: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Nutrition Guide for Physicians and Related Healthcare Professionals. 2017. 241-47.
3. Bernstein, A. M., et al., A Home-Based Nutrition Intervention to Increase Consumption of Fruits, Vegetables, and Calcium-Rich Foods in Community Dwelling Elders. Journal of the American Dietetic Association. 2002. 102(10): 1421-1427.
4. Hou, K. J., D. Lee, J. Lewis. Diet and Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Review of Patient-Targeted Recommendations. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2014. 12(10): 1592-1600.
5. Cordain, L. AARP The Paleo Answer: 7 Days to Lose Weight, Feel Great, Stay Young. 2012.
6. Masharani, U., et al. Metabolic and Physiologic Effects From Consuming a Hunter-Gatherer (Paleolithic)-Type Diet in Type 2 Diabetes. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2015. 69(8) 944-8.
7. Cordain, L., The Nutritional Characteristics of a Contemporary Diet Based Upon Paleolithic Food Groups. 2002. Jana 5(3): 15-24).
8. Poterba, M. J., S. F. Venti, D. A. Wise. The Asset Cost of Poor Health. The Journal of the Economics of Ageing. 2017. 9:172-84.
9. //thepaleodiet.com/bill-nye-science-guy. Accessed September 10, 2017.
10. //thepaleodiet.com/dr-cordain-responds-to-critics-of-a-recent-paleo-diet-study. Accessed September 10, 2017.