When those hot, dog days of summer arrive, it’s time to cool off with this refreshing and satisfying Paleo Gazpacho. Nothing but the freshest of ingredients in this delightful meal, designed to take the edge off the heat. Enjoy it on a shady patio or deck as the sun sinks below the horizon and the day draws to a close. Cool!
- 5 cups seedless watermelon (remove rind)
- 2 ripe heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large English cucumbers, peeled and cut into 1–inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 2 Serrano peppers, stems removed and seeded
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Place all ingredients into a food processor or high-powered blender and run on high to combine the ingredients – approximately 30 seconds or until fully mixed. Occasionally, the leaves may require a little more blending to be finely chopped. Once incorporated, run blender and slowly add extra virgin olive oil. Pour into 4 bowls and top each with ¼ of the garnish.
For the Garnish:
Gently combine the following in a small mixing bowl and scoop onto gazpacho to serve.
- 4 wedges of fresh lime
- 1 English cucumber, small dice
- 2 cups watermelon, small dice
- 10 small fresh basil leaves
- 1 Serrano chili, stem removed, seeded and thinly sliced