The height of the summer season is upon us and that means it’s time to fire up the BBQ and get adventurous with meats you may not typically prepare. While visiting beautiful Lake Tahoe, our family found organic, free range lamb. The trick with this Paleo Lamb with Rosemary dish is in the planning and preparation. We’ve found marinating for 24-48 hours to be the most effective method. It’s well worth the wait as the lamb comes out tender and the flavor is exquisite.
- 1 lb. lamb ribs or steaks
- 1 cup sulphite-free red wine (we like merlot or cabernet)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 fresh organic sprigs rosemary, leaves removed from stems
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh cracked pepper
2. For marinade, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour over lamb being sure to cover thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 days.
3. To cook, lightly barbeque and turn to low heat. Place lamb on grill and cook 10-12 minutes each side, or until meat is cooked to your liking.
5. Serve with fresh cantaloupe and grapes paired with a green salad and steamed mini artichokes. Enjoy!
See more recipes!