Ringing in 2020 has never tasted better, with these Paleo-friendly appetizers and drinks!
Blazing Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
These mini meatballs are sure to please! Paleo and gluten free, try pairing with a simple, low carb sriracha sauce. Beware store-bought sriracha though — many brands include high fructose corn syrup lurking just beneath the ingredient label.
- 1 lb of lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3- 1/2 salt-free hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 egg
The Final Cut
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Use a no-stick baking tray or cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil.
- Blend ingredients in a large bowl until evenly combined.
- Scoop a tablespoon amount and roll into balls. Yields 20-24 meatballs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (longer for a crispier texture).
- Add toothpicks and enjoy!
Dippin’ and Sippin’
No New Year’s spread is complete without a killer dip. This pork bellies and spinach dip with steamed artichokes is the perfect pairing.
In a large bowl, stir up:
- 1 cup of aioli
- 5 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- 1/4 cup of chopped onion
- 2 oz seasoned pork bellies chopped
- Pair with steamed artichokes and serve generously
The Good Stuff
Power up for 2019 with these antioxidant-rich stuffed mushrooms. Filled with sauteed kale and bursting with flavor. Take 5 mushrooms and fill ’em up with:
- 2 green onions
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Handful of spinach
- Handful of Kale
- 1-2 tbsp Coconut oil
Throw it all together:
- Remove mushroom stems and finely chop stems and green onions.
- On medium heat, add coconut oil, turmeric, garlic and green onions to frying pan. Saute mushrooms. Add in ground beef and spinach.
- Heat ½ -1 tbs. coconut oil in a separate pan. Add kale.
- Stuff mushroom caps with ground beef mixture and place on top of the bed of kale. Bake for 5 minutes at 250*.
- Serve, share, and love!
Cheers to Good Health
Crazy Good Cranberry Mocktail
The perfect seasonal treat, this mix is as simple as it is delicious.
All you’ll need is:
- 3 cups of fresh cranberries
- Substitute 1.5 liters (6 cups) of seltzer water for vodka
Blend cranberries to a rough mixture and add seltzer water. Strain finely into a larger container. Drink up!
Jingle Bell Cocktail
This festive, non-alcoholic red and green cocktail is as healthy as it is delicious.
- Pomegranate arils
- Fresh or frozen cranberries
- Fresh ginger
- Fresh mint leaves
- For a drunken twist, pair with white wine
Pumpkin Nice Latte
We’d be on the naughty list for sure if we didn’t include a paleo friendly PSL! While this treat is not strictly Paleo (maple syrup makes us all want to bend the rules), it is a Paleo-inspired alternative to a traditional latte.
There’s nothing basic about this blend:
- 2 cups fresh roast coffee
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp of pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Stay warm and energized with this delicious brew!
This citrus rosemary mojito is one of our favorites.
- 2 tbsp of Stevia (substitute for honey)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed grapefuit or orange juice
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- Substitute 1.5 ounces of dry, white wine for rum or vodka
- Club soda to taste
- Garnish with grapefuit or orange slices
Toast to a healthier you!