Lorrie Cordain’s Roasted Wild Colorado Pheasant and Blue Grouse, The Cordain Kitchen
Pining for a new culinary addition to your dinner menu? Leave the seeds for the birds and mix up your poultry creations with this protein-packed Paleo Diet recipe.
- 1 wild pheasant
- 1 wild blue grouse
- 4 large oranges, juiced
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- ¼ fresh sweet onion, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves, stems removed
1. In 4 cup measuring container, combine orange juice, garlic, onion, and thyme.
2. Pour over birds and coat thoroughly.
3. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to High Broil.
5. Place birds on foil covered broiler pan and broil on high 5-8 minutes.
6. Turn birds and broil for an additional 5-8 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and baste one final time before serving.
9. Serve with locally grown, sauteed organic broccoli, grilled mini peppers, onions and garlic in olive oil with dried, salt-free spices until tender.
10. Bon Appétit!
Live Well, Live Longer.
The Paleo Team