We love to create new ways to prepare chicken, one of the more versatile meats enjoyed by Paleo Dieters. Chicken breasts with portobello mushrooms in white wine has recently become a favorite for its ease of preparation and the incredible flavor that comes from the infusion of just a few simple ingredients.
- 4 free range organic chicken breast fillets, rinsed thoroughly
- 2 cups organic, portobello mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- 1 cup organic marsala wine (don’t use cooking wine as it contains added salt)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, removed from stems
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
2. Place chicken breasts in baking dish and cover with mushrooms.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine wine, 3 tbsp extra virgin oil, red wine vinegar, and rosemary.
4. Saute onion and garlic with 1 tbsp extra olive oil in shallow pan until onions are tender.
6. Pour liquid mixture over chicken making sure all pieces are well coated.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked.