We came across a delicious summer recipe on the back of a package of cooked, sliced calamari. With just a few modifications, we were able to substitute the necessary ingredients to make it pure Paleo. Calamari Salad is the perfect fresh dish to share on a warm evening with friends!
- 1 lb wild-caught sliced squid tentacles, precooked
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 sliced red or yellow pepper
- 4 cups mixed green lettuce
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves
- 10 low sodium olives of your choice, rinsed and sliced
- 1 fresh avocado
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes
1. Combine calamari with olive oil, one teaspoon white vinegar and sliced pepper and set aside in serving bowl.
2. Toss together mixed greens and cilantro and spread evenly on large serving platter.
3. Add remaining ingredients to lettuce mixture.
4. When ready to eat, scoop squid mixture onto greens and toss together.
All the Best,
Lorrie Cordain, M.Ed., Co-Author of The Paleo Diet Cookbook